Experienced Houston Real Estate Lawyers
Serving Clients in Texas
White picket fences, granite countertops and sprawling lots sound appealing; the American dream of home ownership is as old as our country itself. Unfortunately, home ownership can be far from ideal.
Buying or selling a home is a major investment; the biggest single investment most people ever make, but an extremely minor oversight could result in serious legal implications. At the Houston, Texas law firm of Katine & Nechman, we have years of experience in real estate matters. We have successfully represented sellers, buyers and homeowners' associations. We are well-prepared to protect your real estate investment as well.
Hire a Law Firm You Can Trust • Contact Us Today
In-Depth Knowledge of Real Estate Matters
Attorney Mitchell Katine was appointed by Governor Ann Richards in 1993 as a commissioner for the Texas Real Estate Commission. In that capacity, he protected and served people in Texas for six years through the creation of educational programs and regulating the real estate industry. His hard work provided the public with honest, trustworthy and competent service concerning their real estate investments. Lawyer Katine works closely with attorney John Nechman to effectively represent clients with real estate concerns involving:
- Buying and selling real estate – We represent both buyers and sellers involved in real estate transactions. Part of our success stems from carefully reviewing clients' real estate documents to protect them from any legal liabilities.
- Title insurance disputes – If you discover a lien or encumbrance on your property, hire us to help you file a claim against your title insurance policy.
- Adjoining landowner issues – When boundary disputes arise between you and a neighboring property owner, we are here to protect your rights. We have a strong background representing clients in disputes involving disruptive fences, noise violations and overgrown trees.
- Co-ownership disputes – We will zealously represent you when disputes occur between you and the co-owner of your property. We have extensive experience protecting clients in partition actions and helping clients gain full ownership of their property.
- Joint tenancy with right of survivorship – This frequently relates to estate planning questions, especially for GLBT-property owners.
- Eviction disputes – We represent landlords and tenants in eviction actions in Justice of the Peace Court, as well as appeals to County Court.
Contact Us to Resolve Your Dispute in Mediation
Trial is a time-consuming and expensive way to resolve disputes. We offer a more efficient and cost-effective alternative. Attorney Mitchell Katine is a certified mediator, ready to help you resolve complex disputes through conciliatory processes. Contact us today to schedule a confidential appointment and learn how we can help you.
Se Habla Español
KATINE & NECHMAN L.L.P.
1834 Southmore Blvd.
Houston, TX 77004
Toll Free: 866-752-3672